First Friday Map: February 2012
1. AFA Gallery – “Retrospective”: paintings by Paul McCrone.
2. Alley Cafe – Music by the Jim Buckley Jazz Trio; a variety photographs.
3. ArtWorks Gallery & Studio – Graphite on paper and mixed-media sculpture by internationally known artist David Bender.
4. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates & Gifts, LLC – “People and Places”: photography by Marywood student Stephanie Kania.
5. The Bog – “CompartMENTALized”: mixed-media by Alicia Pica and Maura Calderone.
6. B’s Floral Design, Inc. – Mixed media, meditations, and more! Acrylic, watercolor and pastels by Kathryn Harper Foley; hand-designed doll clothing and turn of the last century quilts co-sponsored by Northeast PA Center for Independent Living.
7. Camerawork Gallery – “Excavation”: photography by Gary Cawood. “Ellen Doyle Dance Experience”: music by Rooks.
8. Chocolate Creations Cangiano’s Italian Specialities & Realty Network Group – “Puppy Love”: featuring digital photography by Sarah Edwards; music by Mark Sillaman
9. The Crazy Pineapple – Hand-made jewelry created by Patricia Locke.
10. Duffy Accessories – “Picture Scranton”: photography by Timmy Walsh.
11. Eden – a vegan cafe – Wild About Mushrooms, color photographs and specimens from recent mushroom forays presented by members of the Delaware Highlands Mushroom Society.
12. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill – “FLEURessent POWER, THIRD project”: directed by Constance Denchy featuring saran-wrap, blacklight materials, and mixed-media; belly-dancing by Ms. L.
13. The Fanciful Fox – A Predilection for Ephemera, oil painting & mixed-media by Brie Taylor; musical accompaniment by Sarah Yzkanin.
14. Farley’s – Argentine Tango, dancing.
15. Fidelity Bank – “Paper & Prints”: watercolor and photography by Jerry & Maggie Miller; guitar and vocals by Neil Nicastro.
16. Freedlove – “Sweet Prints!”: linoleum cut prints by The Big Harrumph.
17. Grand Lobby At The Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel – “Fresh Visions”: photography by Tom Gavern.
18. GreenBeing – Abstracts and Figure, paintings by Brooke Wandall.
19. Hope Horn Gallery, Hyland Hall at The University of Scranton – “Sacred Birch”: paintings by Koval Grippo.
20. iRescue – “Magical Illusions by Chris” performed by Christopher the Magician.
21. The Keys – “Bipolar Love Song”: featuring 20 different artists in a variety of mediums; music by All Is Me.
22. Kiosk in Steamtown Mall – “Blackballed”: book release with author Leo Murray.
23. Laura Craig Galleries – “Small Works”: art from their collection to benefit the American Heart Association.
24. Marquis Art and Frame – Hand built clay sculpture by Frank Mariano and paintings by Mike Trovato.
25. Mission Yoga – “Winter Light”: photography by Joe Longo.
26. New Laundry – Music by singer/songwriter Riley Loftus.
27. New Visions Studio & Gallery – “The Examined Life”: paintings of everyday life featuring: Mike Carson, John R. Kolbek, Ka-Son Reeves, Kevin Schappert, Alison Schmidt, Megan Tucker, and Beth Tyrrell. Reception 5-10.
28. Northern Light Espresso Bar – “Captured”: photography by Mary Beth Roberts.
29. NOW Hair Studio – Live models showcasing bridal hairstyles.
30. Pearn Auditorium, Brennan Hall at The University of Scranton – Koval Grippo.
31. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – “Puppy Love”: Featuring digital photography by Sarah Edwards.
32. POSH at Scranton Club – “Proud as a Peacock”: heart warming marker & gouache designs by Lisa Temples-Maopolski; Live music.
33. Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple – “Pieces of Scranton”: mixed-media collage by Annmarie Ciccarelli.
34. STAR Gallery – “Artistic Visions of a Future South Side”: young winners of a design contest.
35. Vintage Theater – “Inside For Detals”: visual and performing arts exhibit presented in cooperation with IAC featuring livework creations in various mediums.
36. Wendell & Company Interior Design & Antiques – “A Winter Evening At the Ritz”: If You Can Play Scranton… book signing with Nancy McDonald; cartoon themed mural artwork by Jeff D’Angelo; juggling, magic, and ballroom dancing featuring Mike Simon; John Fitzgerald at the piano.
37. Windsor Studios – Oils and watercolors and acrylics by local artists Don Murray and