1. AFA Gallery – “2011 December Members Show”: featuring more than 40 works from AFA
Members in a variety of styles and media.
2. ArtWorks Gallery & Studio – “A Visual Feast”: celebrating talents and special visions of our Wednesday night watercolor, acrylic, and mixed media painters; Verve Vertu Artists, featuring
greeting cards, felted gifts, printmaking and more; jazz music by Rich Jenkins.
3. BEKO Sushi & Grill – A variety of colorful artwork by Lisa Temples-Maopolski.
4. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates & Gifts, LLC – Four Seasons a “Northeastern Perspective”: photography by Jessica Diehl.
5. The Bog – “Ike Design Group”: reclaimed and recycled home goods.
6. B’s Floral Design, Inc – “Get Off Your Artz”: regional artists design works on chairs, rockers, tables etc. benefiting homeless services at the Community Intervention Center.
7. Camerawork Gallery – “Excavation”: photography by Gary Caewood.
8. City Lights – “Fluent in the Language of Art”: mixed media pieces by Marywood University Student Art Therapy Association.
9. Courthouse Square – Annual tree lighting ceremony @ 6:00 PM, featuring the Abington Heights Women’s Ensemble and the Catholic Choral Society.
10. Crazy Pineapple – Handmade clocks created by Cheryl Dolan.
11. Creedon’s Flower Shop – “Functional Ceramics”: works in clay by Jeff Kuratnick.
12. Duffy Accessories – “101 Ways to Survive a Broken Heart” featuring illustrations from the book by Benjamin Adcroft and booksigning by the author, Kevin Adcroft.
13. Eden-A Vegan Café – “Stuck Together”: accessories made from duct tape and jewelry made from fallen branches by Maura Cummings.
14. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill – Belly dancing performed by Jenan.
15. The Fanciful Fox – “HHM Holiday”: hand painted ornaments personalized on the spot by Samantha Rosenkrans.
16. Fidelity Bank – “A Charlie Brown Christmas”: mixed media work by Virginia Pinto Sosik; music by The Marko Marcinko Jazz Trio.
17. Freedlove – Music by DJ Salinger from NYC.
18. GreenBeing – “Nature”: works in acrylic, watercolor, and pen and ink by Elizabeth Lordan.
19. Hope Horn Gallery (Hyland Hall at The University of Scranton) – 26th Annual University of Scranton Juried Student Exhibition.
20. The Keys – “A December To Dismember”: featuring mixed media work by Sean Flynn and Sean McHale; music by Those Clever Foxes, The Fox Method, and A Fire With Friends.
21. Lackawanna County Children’s Library – “The Polar Express”: model train display by Jim Loven; a mural of Nay Aug Park by Liz Kluesner; story book hour with Laureen Maloney followed by children’s craft and Polar Express hot chocolate.
22. Laura Craig Galleries – “Recent Works”: oil paintings by Thomas Wise.
23. Lavish Body and Home – “SNOW GLOBE!”: watercolors by Jack Puhl.
24. Marquis Art & Frame – “Local Realism”: oil paintings on hardboard by Mike Trovato.
25. McDade Center for Literary and Performing Arts at The University of Scranton – “Our Town”: a performance by Th e University of Scranton Players.
26. The Platform Lounge at Trax Bar and Grille – “Forest Whispers”: Oil pastels by Simona Gavern.
27. New Visions Studio & Gallery – “Give the Gift Of Art”: exhibit and sale featuring more than 25 artists; music by Donnie Kirchner.
28. Nimble Hill Winery, Chocolate Creations, Cangiano’s Deli, Semian Realty Group – “Recalling Warmer Times”: watercolors by Jan Henning; music by Mark Sillman.
29. Northern Light Espresso Bar – Watercolors of the Endless Mountains.
30. Pierre’s Fine Clothing & Accessories – “Deck the Halls”: Digital photography by Sarah Edwards.
31. POSH at Scranton Club – “A Taste of POSH”: Leslie Bacanelli’s photographs, Discovering Beauty in Every Frame; accompanied by live music.
32. Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple – “Terror At Tinsel Tower”: drawings in marker by Brian Langan.
33. STAR Gallery – “The Biggest Art Party In Town”: mixed media by local artists.
34. Starbucks – “Hands & Hooves”: children’s art chosen by Marley’s Mission.
35. The Vintage Theater – “The Moth Project”: mixed media by members of the community; benefit for The Children’s Advocacy Center.
36. Well-Heeled – Various oil and watercolor paintings by Michael Neary.
37. Wendell & Company Interior Design & Antiques – “Holiday Stars at The Ritz”: custom made Swarovski crystal figurines and ornaments by Crystal Mountain presented by Carl Schaner; Murano Glass pendants and Murano gifts sets by Ann M. Miner; Amber jewelry & beads by Andzia; music by pianist Dan Darlymple.
38. Windsor Studio – “Assorted Surrealties”: photographic and lens-based art by Peter Hocking.
39. Wright Center Student Health Clinic at Seeley Hall, Lackawanna College – Open House, featuring oil paintings by Karen Vance.
Join us for Scranton's Free Monthly Self-Guided Art Walk of the Downtown District.
get the monthly map delivered to your inbox