1. 527 Bogart Court – Closing Night – Paintings, Gatherings, Photos: Jonathan Slingluff. Jonathan’s notable shows – In Scranton: The Bog, Test Pattern. Beyond: Vision, Tokyo Japan, Sophie Art, Philadelphia, PA, Moca DC (The Museum of Contemporary Art, Washington DC.). Also featuring hooks by Dori Lloyd, former Ralph Lauren designer.
2. AFA Gallery – The Northeastern Biennial Twenty Thirteen: Juried Group Exhibition.
AFA Gallery Upstairs – The Northeastern Biennial Twenty Thirteen: Juried Group Exhibition.
3. Amendalro – Trench Art: Dave Guman.
4. Arts On Adams – Scranton, Then and Now: Photos and art from 1890 with current art and photography of the area.
5. Artworks Studio & Gallery – The Northeastern Biennial Twenty Thirteen: Juried Group Exhibition.
6. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates & Gifts, LLC – Metal Mania Photography: Rocco Valvano; music by SOS Jazz Band with Anthony Natiello & Vince Insalaco.
7. The Bog – And I Hope You Will All Enjoy It: Matthew Hiller. Archival imagery reproduced with linoleum block carvings and overprinted with antique type. Limited edition prints, ink on paper.
8. CareNet of Scranton – Positive Puppets: Colette Hughes, Puppet Artist.
9. Carl von Luger Steak & Seafood – Mural Painting: Local jazz musicians in acrylic by Ted Michalowski; music by The Von Luger Five-Tet featuring: Wayne Smith-piano; Bob Wilson-bass; Pat Marcinko-drums; Alan Gaumer-trumpet; and special guest sax-man!
10. City Café – Railfanning 50 YEARS – Original RR Photography 1963-2013: Joe Cimini.
11. The Crazy Pineapple – Holidays: Various Artists.
12. Eden – A Vegan Cafe – Guanyin (Compassion & Peace): Chelsi Louise.
13. Elm Park United Methodist Church – Fall Festival: Entertainment by Broken Road. Allot additional time to enjoy your passage. While your passport is being processed, enjoy live entertainment by Broken Road an artist provided by Making a Difference Ministries. We’ll provide freshly brewed coffee, tea, and refreshments in our Coffee House. Children head to our gymnasium where fun and adventure awaits you – bounce house, face painting, and games. The next leg of your journey consists of a guided historical tour and ends with hot dogs on warmed buns, hot apple cider and goody bag. Come enjoy the adventure!
14. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill – Black Light Show: Constance Denchy; Belly Dancing.
15. The Hilton Scranton & Conference Center – Military Heroes of NEPA: Lisa Petz. Photographs of 12 military heroes to be featured in a 2014 calendar. Meet the artist and the heroes!!! 6-8pm
16. The Keys: Beer & Spirits – The Doctor Is In: An artistic celebration of 50 years of Doctor Who: Various Artists; music by Blinded Passenger.
17. Lackawanna College – Seeley Hall – A Variety of Mixed Media Works by Lackawanna College Students and Alumni; music by Joey Zarick, lead guitarist and singer of the Boston-based band The Indobox.
18. Lackawanna County Children’s Library – I Am a Hero: Various Local Child Artists.
19. Le Bistro at Alexander’s – Artist in Residence Program: Students of the Jefferson School, funded by the PCA & NEIU.
20. Lavish Body and Home – Threadneck: Eric Toffey.
21. Marquis Art and Frame – Hallelujah, That Pebble In My Shoe Is Gone: New mixed media works on linen and canvas. (Acrylic, Oil, Oil Pastel and graphite) by Koval Grippo.
22. New Laundry – Fall Style: Various Artists.
23. Northern Light Espresso Bar – The City That Knows How: Eddie Ellard.
24. Phyl Your Bags – Steamtown Mall – Photographs by Julie Barracato.
25. POSH at the Scranton Club – Lackawanna College Student & Alumni Art; music by DJ Walt.
26. Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple – Retrospective: Renee Emanuel; music by Merchants Of Groove.
27. The Vintage – Leslee Clapp (local blogger and published author) and PRAT student Lily O’Brien will present a joint collection of their works. Leslee creates unique fused glass pieces and Lily is a painter.
28. Wendell & Company Interior Design & Antiques – Houdini Celebration At The Ritz: Magician and Artist, Dorothy Dietrich, Jason Kresock; Other performers/artists include Brian Scott Osterhoudt, Capra Collina, I gourmet, Lackawanna River Corridor Association; music by Mike Dillion.
29. The Workshop – Marywood University CMYKlub.
30. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – The Accessory As Art: Jennifer and Pierre Mancuso.
31. Café Trio, Chocolate Creations, Ferrone Winery, Realty Network Commercial Group – Lacey Lynn Photography; EOTC kickoff; Yolk Art by Amber H. Williams; music by Jillian Gratz.
32. Duffy Accessories – Gifts with Purpose: Fair Trade Paintings, Textiles, and Jewelries by Nepali Artisans; live music.
Join us for Scranton's Free Monthly Self-Guided Art Walk of the Downtown District.
get the monthly map delivered to your inbox