What’s On for First Friday July?
Published: July 3, 2018
We have over 30 venues and artists participating in this month’s First Friday! The night begins at 5pm and runs until 9 so be sure to fit in as much as you can!
There is so much to do and explore, but here are a few highlights:
- Ever wonder what it was like to be in the theater on the night that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated? Albright Memorial Library is hosting the Dearly Departed Players for the dramatic performance An Evening at Ford’s Theater.
- Swing by Courthouse Square for two community events on Friday. HKQ Kids Foundation will be doing a free bicycle helmet giveaway between 4-7pm and on the corner of Washington/Spruce, get your brushes ready to help paint a mural!
- The newly opened Veloce Scranton is hosting artist Sarah McNany. Sarah’s minimalist maps feature locally famous cycling paths in NEPA.
- Local author Vanessa L. White Fernandes will be signing her book The Hugging Army at the Library Express Bookstore at the Marketplace at Steamtown.
- Over at Camera Work Gallery, Steve Prezant, will show Sunscreen’s for Sissies, a frank and humorous collection of photographs that exemplifies a love affair with the sun.
And keep an eye out for our three strolling musicians Jim Cullen, Jack Bordo and Eddie the Harp throughout the night!
Back to News